Monday, April 11, 2016

The Challenge #68

Hello there!  It's time for a new challenge at The Challenge!  This week we have a  bright and beautiful inspiration photo for you.  I also have the pleasure of sharing some happy news with you, the stamps I used for today's card are from the April release at Concord & 9th!  They invited me to be one of their guest designers for April so I've been playing with these stamps for the past week and I think you're going to LOVE them!





Oh happy day, just look at those bright colors in the inspiration photo!!  You know how I love my bright colors, and I knew they would work perfectly with the new Concord & 9th stamp set, Flourish!






This stamp set was designed to make a large branch with flowers and buds, but I love creating my own background patterned paper, particularly with flowers, so that's what I did for my card today.

I stamped the largest flower using Wplus9 Falling Star and Little Piggy for the first 2 layers and PTI Raspberry Fizz for the base.  The smaller flowers were stamped using Little Piggy and Raspberry Fizz, and the hearts using Falling Star.  The leaves were stamped using Wplus9 Beanstalk, and the tiny dots were stamped with Ocean Drive.  The sentiment banner is also from a new Concord & 9th stamp set called Crazy Awesome.  I cut the banner part of the stamp off of the larger image (you'll have to click on the link for this stamp set to understand what I'm talking about lol), after stamping it with Ocean Drive.  I stamped the word "awesome" using Little Piggy, and the word "you're" using Bean Stalk.  The word "sister!" is from the Concord & 9th stamp set Wonderful Women.  I finished my card with some pink sequin trim, also from Concord & 9th.

The Challenge design team have amazing samples for you this week, be sure to visit the blog and check them out!  Hope you'll join us :)


17 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. you knocked the inspiration of the park Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had some wonderful and well deserved crafty things happen to you these past couple of weeks and it couldn6have been to a better person. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers look fantastic! Perfect take off the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the inspiration, Diane! Those blooms look like such fun, so modern & graphic. And I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on the inspiration, Diane! Those blooms look like such fun, so modern & graphic. And I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, this is so fantastic! I love the way you used this stamp set! I love the layers and the sequins, My Friend! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you nailed the inspiration....gorgeous card...so fun and so happy with the colours you used....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic design Diane, I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, Diane! Love all the pretty layers and fun sequins! Thanks so much for the opportunity to guest design this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure know how to make beautiful background paper! Wow,Diane this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great stamp set and I really love how you created such a fun pattern with it! Love the sequin strands too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card--love how you used the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the patterned paper you created with the floral images.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! the colors are so pretty and make me want to plant flowers in my garden.

    ReplyDelete