Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Thinking of You

Hello there!  I'm sharing a card today that I'll be entering in 3 challenges, The Daily Marker's 30 Day Coloring Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Have a Heart, and Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge 37, Anything Goes.














I'm trying to participate in as many days as I can this time for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge (I've kind of dropped the ball in the past and have never made more than about 12 days lol!)  On days 1 and 2 I watercolored the flowers you see on my card using distress inks for the little flowers and Kuretake Gansai Tambi on the roses (the flowers stamps are from Winnie & Walter).  I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to watercolor but it is fun to practice, and I found the Kuretake watercolors a bit easier to use on this Canson watercolor paper than the distress inks (the colors blended a bit better for me).  The plaid background was made on day 3, and to make that I used Wild Honey and Worn Lipstick distress inks, along with a couple different sizes of flat brushes, to watercolor the plaid.  I got this idea from Debby Hughes (of course she did a MUCH better job than I did but then she is absolutely amazing!!!)  The leaves, hearts, and washi strip are all die cut from MFT dies.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps Artful Flowers.  These colors, along with the flowers and plaid totally scream SPRING to me, how about you?

Thanks for stopping by today!

14 comments:

  1. this card is amazing.. awesome watercoloring and love that cool background..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your amazing background and those fabulously coloured flowers! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane this is beautiful, your flowers are coloured just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Diane! The water colored blossoms look fabulous and the background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful, Diane!!! Love those flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this first on Instagram, Diane, and I LOVE it! I want to try that plaid watercolor background now, too and your flowers are perfect with it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane this is just stunning! Your background is so pretty and those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plaid is amazing-love the colors! I need to try your technique. And your flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Debby Hughes plaid background and I absolutely love your take on it with the roses. Very pretty! I wanna do, but have to go get a flat brush first. Your card screams spring to me! I'm tired of winter already. grin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You for sharing your coloring for The Daily Marker 30 Day coloring challenge.Love all your layers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your gorgeous heart card, brilliant to use them to layer you beautiful flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete