Monday, February 29, 2016

The Challenge #62

Happy Monday, hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Today at The Challenge we have a masculine inspiration challenge.








This challenge was quite a challenge for me lol!  The first thing my eye was drawn to was the map on the wall, and of course I have no map stamps or papers.  I could have gone with just the colors, but I really wanted to pick something out of the room.  I saw the hat, but I have no hat stamps.  Then I spied the camera on the table (almost missed it!), and I thought, BINGO, I have a camera stamp, and it's a Tim Holtz camera stamp which gives it a masculine feel.  Hooray and score!  Next I pulled out the slide frame die from PTI since it worked with my theme.  As for paper,  I wanted to use some kind of brown on my card because the big brown leather couch really stands out to me, so I searched through my paper pads and found the brown arrow paper in a Studio Calico THATAWAY paper pad and I thought it would be perfect with the stamped image.  All of the papers on my card are from that paper pack.  I cut a few little arrows with a die from MFT and stacked several layers to give them more dimension.  I also added several layers to just the outside piece of the slide frame for dimension.  The card is finished with a bit of twine.  For as much as I angsted over what I was going to do for this challenge,  I'm very pleased with how everything came together.  Ahhh, such is the life of a card maker!

I hope you'll try your hand at the inspiration photo, can't wait to see what you create!  Be sure to pop over to Lesley's blog to see her card and what the rest of the DT has created!

Have a fabulous week!

 


9 comments:

  1. I thi k your ard turned out fabulous! Thanks for persevering so we could see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this, Diane! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo -- I was so taken in by that gorgeous map, that I didn't look at anything else except for the couch and trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic take on the inspiration photo! Love the patterned papers. And that camera is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never noticed the camera!!! What an awesome take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful dynamic design! Love the corner you created with the patterned papers and all the arrows, really draws your eye in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cool card.. love the paper you used.. awesome designing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on the inspiration! I love cameras, so this is perfect! GREAT JOB, My Friend! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never would have guessed you were struggling. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete