Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Coffee makes everything better

Good morning from snowy PA!  I'm enjoying sitting at my kitchen table drinking my first cup of the day, watching the snow fall gently outside my kitchen window.  What a lucky lady I am getting to enjoy two of my favorite things in life at the same time, coffee and snow!  I created a coffee themed card (no snow involved lol!) to enter in the current My Favorite Things sketch challenge.









I love this Cool Cut die from My Favorite Things, and this is my first time using it on a card.  To make this card I first watercolored the background panel using Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress inks.  The cup (which I also cut from watercolor paper) is colored using Ground Espresso distress ink, and for the hearts and straw I used Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry.  I cut the dome lid from some plastic packing material, love how realistic it looks!  The bottom part of the sentiment is from Hug in a Mug.  I don't have the sentiment set that goes with the Cool Cup die, and I needed the word "coffee", so I stamped it using the Sophisticated Script stamp set from Concord & 9th.  After assembling my card I added some glossy accents to the hearts.  I adore this card, probably because I adore frappucino's!

Hope you have a wonderful day, thanks so much for sharing a tiny bit of it with me!


3 comments:

  1. I am drawn to coffee cards with unconventional colors...yours is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sentiment--I love my coffee! The dimension of this design looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete