Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Sky is the Limit

Hello!  I have a card to share today that I'm entering in 2 challenges, the MFT Color Challenge 30, and the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp challenge, which is to NOT use designer paper on your project.



















So I was playing around with my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors this morning and decided to try a combination of the spearmint, tropical teal, and gumdrop green colors (Kuretake #50, 57 and 51 respectively) to make a background.  I had it in the back of my mind that I'd never used the moon die from MFT's Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics on a card, and I thought the lemon chiffon color would work well for that, so that's how my card came together.  I also used some of the Kuretake white and silver to make splatters on my panel, and coated the moon and stars with a bit of the shimmery silver, although it's hard to see on the photo.  The sentiment is from Blue Skies Ahead. 

You know what's funny, this watercoloring might be total CRAP, I'm not an art critic, but when I create stuff like this it makes ME feel like an ARTIST, and I love that feeling!  And I guess that's what matters, right?  I love how it turned out, and wish there were more hours in the day just to PLAY :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. Fun background...love the sentiment and moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello artist! This is beautiful, especially the added splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love that pretty background! Great colors!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is really gorgeous! Wonderful use of the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete