Wednesday, August 12, 2015

MFT Summer School Lesson #11 - Repetition



Session three has started in the My Favorite Things Summer School!  I was excited today to get started with the next lesson which is about repetition in design.  From the MFT blog:

The first lesson this week centers around the concept of using Repetition. Repetition is the repeating of visual elements such as line, color, shape, texture, value, or image. Using repetition tends to unify the total effect of a card’s design as well as create rhythm.




I started my card with a white card base.  I used MFT's Jumbo Polka Dot stencil, distress inks (Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, Cracked Pistachio and Tumbled Glass), and my ink blending tool to apply color onto the front of my card.  Then I stamped one of the small flowers from Polynesian Paradise, using black ink, in each of the circles.  It was so easy to stamp the flowers using those circles as my guide!  Next I used a round die to cut a piece from the front of my card.  I also cut a round piece of black card stock, adhered that on the inside of my card, and trimmed the edge.


 

I stamped the bird and sentiment, also from Polynesian Paradise, with Versamark ink onto the black card stock and embossed with white.  I added a few colorful sequins to bring more attention to the bird.  This is a great technique for anyone who doesn't love to color in images.  I wanted the colorful flowers to have most of the attention because they represent the lesson, repetition.

I'll be back tomorrow with a card for the next lesson that uses the piece that I cut from today's card.  See you then :)





4 comments:

  1. Awesome design! I like the cut out window :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever...adding the tiny flowers to the dots!...and CUTE! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background! Those little flowers with the colored dots is such a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this! the circles, flowers, white embossing and the cut out window. Just FAB!

    ReplyDelete